International Students Maintaining Status

All F-1 students at Sullivan University are part of the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) tracking and monitoring database. Being a student with F-1 status, you are responsible for learning, understanding, and complying with the U.S. laws and regulations that apply to you (listed on page 2 of your I-20). If you fail to do so, you are subjected to Termination by the University, thereby jeopardizing your academic career.

Report Address Change

You are required to report any address change to the University within 10 days of the address change, including address changes for any of your dependents.

Get Authorization before Dropping below a Full Course of Study

Being a Sullivan University student, you are required to be a full time student during any normal enrollment period. If you wish to drop below a full time status, you need to submit a request form prior to dropping below a full time status.

Report Departure Date and Reason

If you have to travel due to an emergency, you are required to inform Sullivan University International Student Office about the reason for your travel and the dates.

Report Transfers to another School

If you decide to study at another University in the U.S., you must notify Sullivan University International Student Office about your intent to transfer and what school you plan on transferring to.

Get Authorization before Traveling

You must notify Sullivan University International Student Office prior to traveling outside the U.S. so that the Form I-20 can be endorsed for travel.

For More Information

This information is subject to change without notice. If you have any further questions and concerns, please contact the International Student Office at 502-456-6505 or

Schedule a Visit!

Visiting us is the best way to get firsthand information about a Sullivan education.

Start typing and press Enter to search