Sullivan University’s online Master’s degree in Human Resource Leadership program has been designed to develop your strategic, organizational, management and analytical skills in order for you to move up within the field of human resources.
Our program has been recognized by the national Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) organization as a Top 10 SHRM Learning System. We prepare students for SHRM certification through a combination of academic knowledge and practical skill development. Our dedicated faculty members are both scholars and practitioners: they have not only earned their doctorates and published books, but also have years of real-world experience in the HR field.
Courses in the Master of Science in Human Resource Leadership program focus on the nine key areas of human resource competency specified by the national Society for Human Resource Management:
- Relationship Management
- Ethical Practice
- HR Expertise
- Business Acumen
- Critical Evaluation
- Global & Cultural Effectiveness
- Leadership & Navigation
You will learn all aspects of HR management, including compensation, benefits, training, organizational effectiveness, strategy, global HR, diversity and inclusion, financial skills, and HR analytics and technology.
- Our Master of Science in Human Resource leadership degree is entirely online for maximum flexibility. The program can reasonably be completed in 18 months for those taking two courses per quarter.
- The curriculum is in alignment with their recommended curriculum by the Society for Human Resource Management.
- This master’s degree program is highly experiential, requiring students to consult with organizations and provide recommendations regarding real-world HR problems.
- Our program is one of the first in the nation to recognize the importance of human capital analytics as a key competency. We have developed a new course devoted entirely to this emerging topic.
- Taken during the last quarter, the integrative capstone course prepares students to achieve certification through the SHRM’s competency examination (either SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP, depending on the student’s level of HR work experience), further increasing their marketability after graduation from the program.
48 Credit Hours
Length: 18 months
Time length for program completion will vary depending upon the number of courses taken per term, developmental courses when required, transfer credit accepted, lack of continuous enrollment, etc.
|Total Credit Hours||48|
|CMM 521||Managing Organizational Conflicts||4|
|HRL 520||Workforce Planning and Staffing||4|
|HRL 530||Human Resource Development||4|
|HRL 540||Compensation, Benefits and Security||4|
|HRL/MGT 580||Strategic Human Resource Management||4|
|HRL 611||Essential Financial Skills for HR Professionals||4|
|HRL 621||HR Analytics and Technology||4|
|HRL 690||Integrative MSHRL Capstone||4|
|LAW 545||Employment Law||4|
|MGT 510||Managerial Communication Skills||4|
|Free Electives (8 Credit Hours)||8|
|Two elective courses are chosen by the student to complement the student’s personal or professional interests.|