MASTER OF PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
Designed for management professionals in the public and non-profit sectors, Sullivan’s on-campus and online Master of Public Administration degree program develops and sharpens the practical skills necessary for effective public administration. The program focuses on strengthening students’ leadership abilities in order to effectively implement policies, projects and programs, while also addressing organizational, human resource and budgetary issues unique to the public sector.
Our program stresses the business side of public administration through an innovative, practical curriculum that provides the intellectual and theoretical foundations for managerial roles in public and service organizations.
- To introduce students to the language and literature of public administration while developing their skills through applied research projects and training experiences.
- To build on a core of public sector-oriented courses with MBA, Conflict Management and Human Resources courses in order to prepare students for evidence-based management in a variety of organizations.
- While Public Administration programs are everywhere, ours is not based in a school of political science with a theoretical focus, Sullivan’s Master of Public Administration program is firmly rooted in the managerial sciences. Our students start with the same courses required of MBA students and then develop further specialization in the language and practice of public administration.
- Our program is also highly experiential—all our students must complete applied research projects and perform a virtual internship with a mentor in a public sector organization in order to develop the same skills used by managers in government, public, private and non-profit organizations.
- Students have the option to choose a concentration in an area of interest:
- Healthcare Management
- Conflict Management
- Strategic Human Capital Management
- Complete your Master’s of Public Administration entirely online in only 18 months.
48 Credit Hours
Length: 18 months
Time length for program completion will vary depending upon the number of courses taken per term, developmental courses when required, transfer credit accepted, lack of continuous enrollment, etc.
|MGT 510||Leadership Communication||4|
|CMM 550||Negotiation in Conflict Management||4|
|MGT 545||Leading Organizations||4|
|MGT 620||Operational Efficiency and Effectiveness||4|
|MPA 510||The Public Policy Process||4|
|FIN 545||Public Sector Financial Management||4|
|MPA 550||Public Policy Economic Analysis||4|
|MPA 680||Program and Policy Evaluation – MPM Capstone||4|
|QNT 550||Advanced Quantitative Methods||4|
|Free Electives (12 Credit Hours)||12|
|Three elective courses or a particular concentration are chosen.|
|Total Credit Hours||48|
What are some websites with more information on the public management career field?
Public administration is not one particular career field but uses management skills to improve the workings of government agencies at every level, as well as nonprofits. You may find the following websites to be beneficial: