Where there are people, there will be conflict. It’s an inevitable element of the human experience, but if left unmanaged in the workplace, conflict can debilitate productivity, diminish morale and undermine growth. Anyone who works with people, manages people or has a relationship with people will find Sullivan University’s Graduate Certificate in Conflict Management highly useful.
This graduate-level program focuses on applying conflict management methods, skills and techniques in an organizational context. Professionals in human resources, counseling or supervisory roles will gain a unique advantage by learning ways in which conflict can be managed to drive positive business results.
The Graduate Certificate in Conflict Management Graduate focuses on teaching:
- Factors that lead to conflict escalation
- The importance of effective communication in creating and managing conflict
- Theories about the nature and sources of conflict and approaches to conflict management
- How unmanaged conflict can lead to lower production and increased costs for the organization
- The understanding and appreciation of cultural differences and how such differences can lead to more productive teams
- Effective coaching skills and how they can be applied to problem-solving and decision-making
- Design strategies for managing organizational conflict
- Students will learn to communicate better; transform negative conflict into positive opportunity; facilitate diverse workgroups; and negotiate better outcomes.
- Complete this certificate entirely online in only 9 months.
- This official conflict management certification will set you apart in a competitive business climate, as organizations look to increase soft skills development among management.
24 Credit Hours
Length: 9 months (3 quarters of full-time study)
Time length for program completion will vary depending upon the
number of courses taken per term, developmental courses when
required, transfer credit accepted, lack of continuous enrollment, etc.
|Total Credit Hours||24|
|CMM 510||Interpersonal and Intergroup Conflict Analysis||4|
|CMM 515||Conflict Theories||4|
|CMM 521||Managing Organizational Conflicts||4|
|CMM 540||Conflict and Culture||4|
|CMM 542||Conflict Coaching for Leaders||4|
|CMM 550||Negotiation in Conflict Management||4|