Call For Proposals
The 2019 Sullivan University System Faculty Retreat
Proposal deadline: Friday, August 23rd, 2019
The 2019 Sullivan University System Faculty Retreat will be held on Friday, October 18, 2019 at the Churchill Downs.
The SUS Faculty Retreat Committee is issuing our distinguished faculty a call for proposals to be presented at the retreat this year.
In particular, in the spirit of collaboration, the committee welcomes field-specific as well as cross-campus proposals. Please consider teaming up with colleagues from other locations to show what you do best!
The retreat is a wonderful venue to showcase presentations you’ve given throughout the year, to offer a sneak peak of upcoming presentations, and to share the results of University grants with your colleagues. The committee invites proposals of this nature!
Additionally, topics might include but are in no way limited to:
• Cross-campus collaboration
• Best practices in tutoring
• Blackboard tips and tricks
• Creativity in the classroom
• First generation student success
• Motivation of students and classroom management strategies
• Retention strategies
• College students and community engagement
• Strategies for handling learning differences in the classroom
• Effects of healthcare reform on education in medical fields
• How to foster professionalism
• Strategies for reducing faculty burnout
• Test construction strategies and/or dealing with test anxiety in students
• Strategies for small and large group interaction
• Best practices in responding to plagiarism and academic dishonesty
• Best practices for the use and creation of scoring guides and rubrics
• Wellness training
…and other topics enhancing teaching and learning.
Proposal Submission requirements:
All submissions must be submitted electronically using the submission form on the Faculty Retreat web site, which can be found here: https://sullivan.edu/faculty-retreat/
Submissions will be peer-reviewed by SUS Faculty Retreat Submissions Subcommittee. Proposals will be evaluated on applicability, relevance, creativity, and practicality, with particular emphasis on cross-campus collaboration.
Accepted submissions may be published on the SU Faculty Retreat web page.
The deadline for all programming submissions is Friday, August 23rd, 2019.
Please e-mail FacultyRetreat@sullivan.edu with any CALL FOR PROPOSAL questions!
The 2019 SUS Faculty Retreat Planning Committee