The ability to control the temperature and air quality in commercial and residential settings is a skill that will always be in demand. The current job climate of the HVAC-R industry confirms this need, as opportunities for certified technicians increase at a rapid pace.
Launch your career in this stable, profitable industry with Sullivan University’s streamlined HVAC-R program options.
What Does the Future of HVAC-R Look Like?
- Employment for HVAC-R professionals is projected to grow 21% by 2022, faster than the average for all occupations.
- Employers are hiring candidates with formal technical training over those who learned on the job, especially as HVAC-R systems become much more complex.
- The growing emphasis on energy efficiency and sustainability will drive the need for qualified technicians now and in the future. This means increased job security and stability for HVAC-R professionals.
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, bls.gov/HVAC
- Practical, hands-on training is central to our programs, thanks to our new, industry-standard HVAC-R lab and multiple HVAC-R externship/apprenticeship opportunities.
- With our HVAC-R certificate option, you’ll be ready to enter the field within 9 months. With 9 more months of coursework, you’ll be eligible for an associate degree that can open the door to higher-paying positions.
- Our programs prepare you to take multiple certification and licensure exams. The more certifications and licenses you earn, the more desirable you will be in the job market.
- You’ll graduate equipped with the skills and knowledge to work in a variety of areas in the HVAC-R industry, including service installation, facilities operation, energy auditing and HVAC-R sales.
- Even if you are an experienced HVAC-R technician, our programs can work for you if you’re looking to refresh your skills or receive new training and certifications.
- HVAC-R Certificate
- HVAC-R Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) Degree
Sullivan University’s degree program provides students with the following:
- Personal Attention | This program offers small classes, with a comprehensive hands-on learning approach.
- Accelerated Program | With Sullivan’s quarter-based term schedule, we help you get your degree in less time.
- Financial Planning | We’ll assist you in accessing any and all financial aid available to you.
- Career Assistance | We’ll help you prepare for the career you want! Check out our Career Services for more information!
Graduates of Sullivan University’s HVAC-R Certificate program are qualified for:
- Employment as entry-level technicians within 9 months
- Certifications mandatory for all HVAC-R technicians, including OSHA 10 Safety Certification and EPA 608 Refrigerant Handling Certification
|Course||Class Title||Credit Hours|
|CSC 118||Computer Applications I||4|
|ENG 101||Composition I||4|
|FYE 101||Information Literacy||4|
|HVA 100||Blueprint Reading||3|
|HVA 101||Introduction to HVAC-R Systems||4|
|HVA 115||Principles of Refrigeration||4|
|HVA 125||Heating Systems||3|
|HVA 205||HVAC-R Electrical Applications||3|
|HVA 220||Building Automation I||4|
|HVA 225||Commercial HVAC Systems# or||3|
|MTH 123||Advanced Mathematics||4|
|Total Credit Hours||43|
Gainful Employment Disclosure
Employer Partnership: Harshaw Trane
In the words of Lou Zaccone, vice president of Harshaw Trane, the region’s largest HVAC-R design and service company, “Qualified, professional HVAC-R technicians are the backbone of our industry and enable us to deliver energy-efficient and sustainable solutions to our clients.”
And who does Harshaw Trane look to for these qualified, professional HVAC-R technicians? Sullivan.
Thanks to our partnership with Harshaw Trane, you’ll have the opportunity to not only keep up with the industry’s latest trends and innovations but also to participate in externships and earn scholarships.