In today’s competitive job market, employers are looking not only for job-specific knowledge and skills, but also for people with the ability to effectively adapt to an ever-changing and more globally diverse workforce. Both conditions inevitably lead to conflict, and Sullivan’s on-campus and online Conflict Management Career Certificate is designed to provide students with the skills to identify conflict and manage it effectively in order to reduce costs and produce positive results. Emphasis is placed on interest-based analysis of conflict situations, effective negotiation strategies and the ways in which emotions can impact the escalation or de-escalation of conflict when dealt with effectively.
Employers, supervisors, unions, human resources staff and personnel in every business setting will find the concepts and skills taught in this certificate program highly practical for resolving workplace conflicts of all kinds.
Sullivan’s Conflict Management Career Certificate teaches students the principles of conflict management, including:
- The dynamics of diagnosing conflict, which includes examining recurrent themes to effectively analyze and manage conflict
- Increased self-awareness and understanding of emotional intelligence
- Understanding of how a culturally diverse workforce can create conflict and techniques for using differences to create collaborative solutions
- Successful strategies for effective negotiation
- The skills to objectively separate interests from positions when working through conflict situations
- Students are not required to hold a bachelor’s degree to enroll in the Conflict Management Career Certificate program.
- In an effort to emphasize soft skills development in professionals across multiple industries, students in the following bachelor’s programs will earn the Conflict Management Career Certificate as part of their program curriculum:
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Science in Justice and Public Safety Administration
- All courses in this certificate program are available online and can be completed in as little as six months.
16 Credit Hours
Length: 6 months
Time length for program completion will vary depending upon the
number of courses taken per term, developmental courses when
required, transfer credit accepted, lack of continuous enrollment, etc.
|Total Credit Hours||16|
|CMM 401||Principles of Conflict Management||4|
|CMM 402/HRL 303||Managing Diversity|
Diversity Perspectives in the Workplace
|CMM 403||The Manager as Negotiator||4|
|CMM 405||Restorative Justice Philosophy and Process||4|