- Louisville Campus
3101 Bardstown Road 40205
Phone: 502.456.6505 / 800.844.1354
- Lexington Campus
2355 Harrodsburg Road 40504
Phone: 859.276.4357 / 800.467.6281
- Fort Knox Campus
63 Quartermaster Street 40121
Phone: 502.942.8500 / 800.562.6713
- Online Division
2100 Gardiner Lane Ste. 220 Louisville, KY 40205
Phone: 502.413.8830 / 866.755.7887
Immediate Emergency Notification Policy & Procedures
Upon confirmation of a significant emergency or dangerous situation involving an immediate threat to the health or safety of the University Community, Sullivan University authorities will, without delay, distribute an alert of notification to the Campus Community, unless issuing an alert will, in the judgment of first responders, compromise the efforts to assist victims, or contain, respond to or mitigate the emergency.
The following represents the emergency notification procedure:
- Confirmation of an incident that threatens the health or safety of the College community is conducted by the Department of Public Safety and/or Facilities Department.
- Activation of the emergency notification systems is authorized by the Associate Dean of Students, Dean of Students, Chief Academic Officer and/or the Executive Director
- A message alerting the College community of the threat is crafted by authorities in the Public Safety Office, Student Services, and/or Administration.
- Activation of the emergency notification system is initiated by the Associate Dean of Students, Dean of Students, Chief Academic Officer, or the Executive Director.
- Notification to neighboring institutions, local businesses & or the media will be conducted by the Corporate Communications Department or designated staff member.
Immediate notification of a threat to the health and /or safety of College members may be distributed to either a segment of the population or the entire campus community, depending on the scope of the threat. The methods of notification may include activation of the Dean Alert, email, or postings within campus buildings and/or the University Website.
Students, faculty, and staff can register for the emergency notification system at deanalert.com.