Sullivan University is applying for accreditation-provisional from the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA). Sullivan University Physician Assistant Program anticipates matriculating its first class in June 2014, pending accreditation-provisional in March 2014 of ARC-PA meeting. Accreditation-provisional is an accreditation status for a new PA program that has not yet enrolled students, but at the time of its comprehensive accreditation review, has demonstrated its preparedness to initiate a program in accordance with the accreditation Standards.
Physician Assistant Program (A Developing Program) Mission, Vision, Goals and Values
The mission of Sullivan University Physician Assistant Program is to educate medical professionals who will be able to:
- Provide ethical, high quality, and compassionate healthcare as part of an interprofessional team.
- Expand the concept of the Physician Assistant profession to the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
- Increase access to healthcare services to underserved populations.
- Demonstrate commitment to lifelong learning and participation in professional associations.
- Communicate with, acknowledge and understand diversity and those from other cultures.
The Goals of the Sullivan University Physician Assistant Program are to:
- Establish a sound Physician Assistant Program based on rigorous assessment and compliance with accreditation standards established for achieving excellence.
- Provide a technologically-proficient teaching and learning environment
- To continuously improve and enhance the educational experience of our students.
- Recruit, retain, and develop dedicated faculty and clinical faculty.
- Provide a rich and diversified culture for students' optimal learning experiences
- Provide a competency-driven, practice-based training experience for students
- Serve the Community as part of the Mission of the Physician Assistant Program and education of the students
- Contribute to the provision of high quality, compassionate healthcare to meet growing demand for primary care services, particularly to underserved populations.
- Support the advancement of Physician Assistant education and practice in the Commonwealth and the nation.
The Vision of the Sullivan University Physician Assistant Program is to provide:
- Excellence in Education
- Service to the Community, and
- Quality Care for the People in the Commonwealth of Kentucky
- And to promote the Physician Assistant profession in the Commonwealth of Kentucky
Sullivan University Physician Assistant Program will pursue our mission, goals and vision while embracing the core values of:
- Teamwork, Compassion, Excellence, Professionalism, Integrity and Accountability.
© 2013 Sullivan University Inc. | Feedback on the site