Positions at Sullivan University College of Pharmacy
HealthOne - Pharmacist - Denver, CO [Click Here To View]
Posting Date: April 3, 2013
HCA - Pharmacist - Jacksonville, FL [Click Here To View]
Posting Date: April 3, 2013
Rite Aid - Pharmacist - North Carolina [Click Here To View]
Posting Date: April 3, 2013
Excellent communication skills and counseling techniques. Work duties include, but are not limited to: checking/verifying prescriptions, providing superior customer service, interaction with physicians and management of pharmacy personnel.
Experience / Requirements:
Community pharmacy practice experience preferred; eligibility for pharmacist licensure or reciprocation.
Bachelor's degree (BS), Doctoral degree (PHARM.D.), or equivalent in Pharmacy, and Immunization Certification through an accredited organization (i.e. APhA).
For more information or to apply for this job please visit - https://jobs-riteaid.icims.com/jobs/23301/job?mode=job&iis=Indeed&iisn=Indeed.com
Posting Date: April 1, 2013
Job Title: Bilingual-Spanish, Case Manager
Job Summary: To drive paid therapy outcomes for patients, providers, pharmaceutical company representatives and healthcare service companies for specialty prescription drugs with reimbursement and billing challenges.
- Conduct Benefit Investigations as necessary
- Answer inbound calls to the case manager queue
- Communicate with key medical practice accounts, sales representatives regarding the status of cases. Provide consultative services where issues arise on how obstacles can be overcome in order to get patient on paid therapy.
- Communicate with internal partners to ensure case coordination. Level of communication must be superior to service key accounts
- Designates cases where missing information from the prescriber is an obstacle in moving the case forward to paid therapy and provides this information to the prescribers.
- Updates prescribers on the case status. The prescriber and patient receive an update on the case when any activity occurs that moves the case forward.
- Report Adverse Events (AE)
- Report on Product Quality Complaints
- Maintains all patient confidentiality
- Responsible for meeting quality and turn-around-time objectives
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor based on the specific client contract.
Minimum (Required) Qualifications: (must be met in order to perform the job at the required level)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Working knowledge of drug reimbursement issues
- 1 -3 years experience in reimbursement case management, preferable in the insurance and/or pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry
- Working knowledge of reimbursement (i.e. benefit investigation, prior authorization, pre-certification, letters of medical necessity
- Strong customer service skills; including ability to convey compassion for patients
- Knowledge of HCPCS, CPT and ICD-9 coding
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
- Strong computer skills required; preferably Microsoft Word or Excel software applications
- Data entry skills required
- Ability to resolve problems independently
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and percentages; necessary to provide correct benefit and co-pay information
- Ability to follow instructions
- Adaptable to changing priorities as needed
- Have exceptional attention to detail and excellent analytical, investigation, and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently
Preferred Qualifications: (if above and beyond the minimum required)
- Bachelor's Degree
Physical Demands: May sit, stand, stoop, bend and walk intermittently during the day. May sit or stand seven (7) to ten (10) hours per day. May be necessary to work extended hours as needed. Finger dexterity to operate office equipment required. May need to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds on occasion. Visual acuity to see and read fine prints. Specific vision abilities required by this role include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal voice sounds. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this role.
Work Environment: Work in a climate-controlled, smoke-free internal environment. These job responsibilities are executed as part of a customer service call center. The position will be located in a fast-paced organization with the potential for a variety of unplanned activities to occur simultaneously.
View our jobs: http://www.rxcrossroads.com/careers.html
PharMerica Corporation is a premier institutional pharmacy services provider, dedicated to providing quality patient care and innovative pharmacy solutions to institutional customers and patients in long-term care settings. With nearly $2 billion in annual revenues, PharMerica is the second largest institutional pharmacy company in America. PharMerica operates more than 100 institutional pharmacies in over 40 states and serves nursing facilities that care for approximately 350,000 patients.
We are recruiting Utilization Management Manager/Pharmacist to join our PharMerica Corporation Team in Louisville, Kentucky. This position serves as the corporate resource providing operational support in the area of Utilization Management for the account management team.
- Provides utilization review and financial analysis of prescription drug purchases for chain customers
- Develops, implements and tracks cost management initiatives for chain customers
- Serve as the corporate resource providing operational support in the area of Utilization Management for the account management team.
- External: Serve as the Clinical Services liason for PharMerica chain clients; attend corporate meeting, be knowledgeable of contract terms and customer utilization trends focusing on controlling pharmaceutical costs for customers while also supporting PharMerica's preferred products and formulary. Work directly with the chain account management where clinical and formulary management expertise is required to address issues surrounding the appropriate and cost effective use of pharmaceuticals. Produce specific recommendations and cost management initiatives to address utilization issues. Communicate, monitor report on the overall success of recommendations and cost management plans. Must be able to present to large groups of non-clinicians. Must have a good understanding of the relevance of data as a marketing tool.
- Internal: Work closely with the Account Management team to support the needs of PharMerica's chain customers in regards to the analysis of product utilization trends, formulary management, contract assessment, and utilization related customer concerns and associated issue resolution. Synthesize information and be able to interpret and deliver meaningful, actionable information.
- Must be a registered / licensed Pharmacist
- Minimum 2 years Pharmacy experience
- Pham, Masters Degree in Public Health, secondary degree in computer science or mathematics preferred
- Experience in disease state management, health outcomes management, medical data management, drug formulary management or public health preferred
- Must have high level of MS Excel, MS Word , MS Power Point, Public Speaking and Presentation Skills, Customer Service Awareness, both Written & Oral Communications, Analytical Reasoning, Problem Solving, Financial Analysis Aptitude
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite, MS Access, SQL, BRIO, Congas or other similar query and programming tools preferred
- Clinical Clerkships or other similar clinical education or training preferred
- Must be able to work in a team environment, be flexible and open to new ideas, work on multiple projects at one time and meet short or abbreviated timelines.
- Must be self motivated, possess a high level financial analytical aptitude and excel in the areas of Customer Service, Problem Solving and Conflict Resolution.
- Travel - Minimal
Interested candidates please apply online.
Baptist Health Louisville - Pharmacy Tech I Home Infusion - Home Health
Org Marketing Statement
Baptist Health Louisville, a 519-bed acute care hospital in the heart of St. Matthews, is a leading healthcare provider in the Louisville area. Offering a convenient suburban location, comprehensive services and a warm, family-oriented atmosphere, Baptist Health Louisville offers many rewarding career opportunities in both clinical and non-clinical areas. Baptist Health Louisville has garnered a number of awards: Top 100 Hospitals as chosen by Thomson Reuters®; winner in the Best Places to Work in Kentucky (large company division); Baptist Health Louisville achieved Magnet designation for excellence in nursing services by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program®.
Department Marketing Statement
Extensive services are provided to patients in need of nursing care in the community. Baptist hospital East Home Health Agency serves Jefferson, Oldham Spencer, Shelby, Henry, Bullitt and Trimble counties in Kentucky. Nursing care includes IV therapy, wound care, medical/surgical care and patient/family teaching to manage the patient's disease process(es) and medications. Other nursing specialties are mental health and enterostomal therapy. Patient populations range from adolescent to geriatric. High job satisfaction is related to the flexibility and autonomy with providing "hands-on: primary nursing care.
Home Infusion Pharmacy Technician - Assists Pharmacists in the filling and preparation of I.V. medications. Also, available to fill and prepare outpatient and inpatient medication orders. Must be proficient in the preparation of IVPB¿s, LVP¿s, TPN¿s, epidurals, and chemotherapy. Delivers medication to patient areas in hospital. Post charges/credits for medications.
Performs compounding with a high degree of accuracy.
Home Delivery Specialist - Prepares and delivers all necessary patient supplies for the provision of Home Infusion services.
Maintenance of Equipment - Keeps records of IV pumps, pole usage, returns, cleaning and biochemicals.
A.High school diploma or equivalent preferred
B.Minimum of three (3) years IV experience; Pharmacy Technician II required.
C.Current Driver's license
Closing Statement If you would like to be part of a winning team with a great future, please apply with us. We are proud to be considered the hospitals of choice throughout Kentucky and are seeking qualified individuals for the positions listed.
Please apply for this position at; http://hr.bhsi.com/nonemployee.html
We are currently looking to hire Pharmacist to work in our Hospital. We are considering full time and PRN. If you have any recent graduates that you feel may be interested please contact me at Barry.firstname.lastname@example.org.
GENOA HEALTHCARE is a nationwide, leading provider of pharmaceuticals, services and information to persons diagnosed with mental illness and other chronic health disorders. We are a rapidly growing and successful organization with a strong reputation in servicing the mental health community via a network of clinic pharmacies housed within mental health agencies throughout the United States. We seek a Pharmacy Technician to support all functions of the Genoa Healthcare mental health pharmacy, primarily through dispensing medical prescriptions, and performing necessary clerical duties while under the direct supervision of a registered pharmacist.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all patients and members of the clinic staff
- Under direct supervision of a registered pharmacist, compounds and dispenses medical prescriptions.
- Order, receive and store incoming pharmacy supplies.
- Verify medication stock and enter data in computer to maintain inventory records.
- Perform various clerical duties relating to the department.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be licensed Pharmacy Technician
- PTCB Certification preferred but not required
- Candidates for the position will be subject to a standard reference and background check.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and telephone protocol. Duties require professional verbal and written communication skills.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and occasional lift up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment; noise generated from telephones, computers/printers, and verbal communication, subject to many interruptions, pressure due to multiple demands.
For more information or to apply please visit https://www4.recruitingcenter.net/Clients/genoahealthcare/PublicJobs/controller.cfm?jbaction=JobProfile&Job_Id=10328&esid=az
Omnicare is a Fortune 400 company and has provided comprehensive pharmaceutical services to patients and providers across all 50 states and Canada for over 30 years. We are the market leader in professional pharmacy, related consulting, and data management services for skilled nursing, assisted living, and other chronic care institutions. Omnicare also provides key commercialization services for the bio-pharmaceutical industry and end-of-life disease management through its Specialty Care Group.
The Order Entry Technician is responsible for entering prescription data in support of the medical dispensing process. Job may include fielding phone calls from long term care facilities.
Posting Date: April 4, 2013
Job Title:Rotating Clinical Staff Pharmacist
Department:Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency:Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
To apply please go to https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/339931100
Posting Date: April 4, 2013
Humana Inc., headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, is one of the nation's largest publicly traded health benefits companies. Humana offers a diversified portfolio of health insurance products and related services - through traditional and consumer-choice plans - to employer groups, government-sponsored plans, and individuals. Today, Humana is a leader in consumer engagement. Throughout its diversified customer portfolio, the company provides guidance that can both help lower costs and lead to a better health plan experience.
Role: Clinical Advisor-Pharmacist
Assignment: Clinical Operations Process Synchronization Team
Location: Louisville, KY
Read more here!
To apply please go to https://humana.taleo.net/careersection/externalus/jobdetail.ftl?job=365743
Job Title: Pharmacist
We are dedicated to our patients and to our employees. Our pharmacists take a multidisciplinary approach to patient care and are focused on clinical initiatives to optimize positive patient outcomes. Our technicians have an indispensable role in providing necessary support to the pharmacy and its staff.
- Evaluates physician medication orders for appropriateness of drug, dosage, potential interactions, route of administration and stability. Makes recommendations for therapy changes to the physician and facility staff as appropriate.
- Maintains patient database to include appropriate current and past medical history, appropriate clinical and laboratory data, and concurrent medication (including over-the-counter and home remedies).
- Collaborates with the healthcare team to provide clinical and technical support as needed.
- Documents all communication with physicians, nurses, other members of the healthcare team and patients and their family members in the medical record.
- Obtains, as necessary, and maintains all required documentation in accordance with federal and state regulatory agencies and policy.
- Implements policies and procedures for the safe procurement, storage, distribution and use of drugs and biologicals, as well as disposal of drugs.
- Assists facility/agency staff personnel with procedures relating to safe and effective methods of procuring, maintaining, administering and disposing of drugs.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited School of Pharmacy or Pharmacy Doctorate.
- Current license in the state of practice.
- One year experience in a hospital setting preferred.
- IV clinical experience preferred.
We offer competitive salaries, 401K and Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. You can grow and advance within one of the most respected healthcare organizations in the country. This position provides the unique opportunity to staff as well as provide clinical support.
This description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work for this position. It is not intended to describe minor duties or other responsibilities that may be periodically assigned.
Please click the link to apply PharMerica Careers
HOT JOB! Reputable organization!!
DIRECTOR OF PHARMACY - located approx 1 hour South of Indianapolis, IN
Competitive Salary & Benefits package! Great support staff!
Manages the day-to-day operations of the pharmacy staff. Responsible for the medication process in the hospital. Participates and collaborates with all other units/departments in the organization to achieve safe and effective medication management and ensuring patient safety. Provides overall leadership to all Pharmacy staff and within the organization with respect to medication management and safety. Establishes rapport with other departments as well as Medical and Nursing staffs.
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy required, Pharm D preferred,
- Licensed in the state of Indiana or eligible for licensure,
- Minimum of two years of hospital pharmacy experience, management experience preferred. must have the ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines while remaining flexible to changes in the hospital environment and/or patient care needs,
- Must also have excellent planning and organizational skills.
Please send your resume/CV if you are interested & have the right qualifications. We have other details to share with you ie staffing structures, pharmacy systems, pending projects, clinical programs, salary range etc.
Ordway Drug & Medical Supply Pharmacist - Monterey, CA
Industry: Healthcare Practitioners and Technical Occupations
Listed below are the most recent positions that have opened up, over 40 new positions. To view our complete list of over 100 pharmacy openings visit our website at www.e-healthjobs.com
- Retail Staff Pharmacist - Open to New Grads!, Central NM
- Clinical Staff Pharmacist, Central NH
- Critical Care Clinical Specialist, Houston TX
- Infectious Disease Clinical Specialist, Los Angeles CA
- Infectious Disease Clinical Specialist, Philadelphia PA
- Infectious Disease Clinical Specialist, Houston TX
- Lead Infectious Disease Clinical Specialist, Central NH
- Medication Use and Safety Officer, Southern TX
- Patient Safety Quality Pharmacist, Texas TX
- Oncology Clinical Specialist Outpatient, Houston TX
- Oncology Clinical Specialist, Northern FL
- Oncology Clinical Specialist, Central NH
- Oncology Clinical Specialist, Western NY
- Pediatrics Oncology Clinical Specialist, Central NH
- Transplant Clinical Specialist, Milwaukee WI
- Inpatient Pharmacy Supervisor, Colorado Springs CO
- Inpatient Pharmacy Supervisor, Tampa FL
- Ambulatory Operations Manager, Northeast
- Ambulatory Oncology Pharmacy Manager, NYC NY
- Pharmacy Informatics Manager, DC Metro MD
- Pharmacy Operations Manager, Central NH
- Pharmacy Operations Manager, Western NY
- Clinical Consultant, AR
- Clinical Consultant, CA
- Clinical Consultant, KS and MS
- Clinical Consultant, OK
- Clinical Coordinator, Central CT
- Clinical Coordinator Drug Safety and Policy, Central CT
- Clinical Coordinator Training and Education, Central CT
- Clinical Pharmacy Manager, Western NY
- Clinical Pharmacy Manager, Houston TX
- Associate Director of Pharmacy, Eastern MI
- Director of Pharmacy, Northern AZ
- Director of Pharmacy, Jacksonville FL
- Director of Pharmacy, West Palm Beach FL
- Director of Pharmacy, New Orleans LA
- Director of Pharmacy, Eastern MI
- Director of Pharmacy, Western NY
- Director of Pharmacy, Houston TX
- Director of Pharmacy, Northeast TX
- Director of Pharmacy, Northern TX
- Director of Pharmacy, Western TX
If you or anyone you know is interested in the any of the openings we have or would like to take advantage of our free service and job search, please email me an updated resume, what your specific needs are and the best time to be reached.
Job placement services are paid by the employer so my services are free to applicants, and there is never an obligation to accept any positions you inquire about. Also, if you know of any Pharmacist who needs a job, please pass along my name.
Austin Morioka, Principal
4365 Hwy 49 S Unit 500-231
Harrisburg, NC 28075
(888) 796-8515 Toll Free
(808) 258-2608 (c)
(888) 796-8515 (f)
Click her to view Pharmacy positions!
Sullivan College of Pharmacy
The College of Health Sciences in Louisville, Kentucky is currently seeking a part-time Medical Terminology Instructor. The applicant will report to the Director of the Pharmacy Technician Program. Applicant will be responsible for the Medical Terminology class curriculum and instruction.
- Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Implementing the curricular activities for the Medical Terminology class.
- Didactic teaching of the curriculum.
- Assessment of students.
- College degree or equivalent (Prefer medical background)
- Knowledge of medical terminology commonly encountered in the provision of pharmacy services
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous teaching experience preferred.
For more information, or to apply, please go to https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=38
Posting Date: April 1, 2013
The College of Health Sciences in Louisville, Kentucky is currently seeking a part-time Health and Safety Instructor. The applicant will report to the Director of the Pharmacy Technician Program. Applicant will be responsible for the Health and Safety class curriculum and instruction.
- Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Implementing the curricular activities for the Health and Safety class
- Didactic teaching of the curriculum
- Assessment of students
- College degree or equivalent (Minimum of A.S. in Allied Health)
- CPR instructor certified
- Knowledge of ergonomics, fire safety, and handling medical emergencies
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
For more information, or to apply, please go to https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=3868591
Posting Date: April 1, 2013
Assistant Director of Pharmacy Technician Program - Sullivan College of Pharmacy
The applicant will report to the Director of the Pharmacy Technician Program. Applicant will be responsible for the Pharmacy Externship class curriculum and instruction. Applicant will be responsible for maintaining all accreditation paperwork from the externship sites for the Pharmacy Technician Program. Applicant will also be responsible for obtaining and maintaining contracts related to all pharmacy technician externship sites. Applicant will also make regular visits to the externship sites to monitor student progression as well as externship site compliance. Applicant will work with the Director of the Pharmacy Technician Program in developing and launching continuing education courses and review courses for students and technicians already working in the field.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversee all pharmacy technician externship sites
- Setting up retail and hospital sites for all students
- Making sure that all paper work and contracts are complete and updated when necessary
- Help develop curriculum and run programs for continuing education courses which include but not limited to the following topics
- Basic Compounding
- Sterile Compounding
- IV Certification
- Pediatric Certification
- Chemo Certification
- Help develop and oversee review courses for previous students and current technicians working in the field that are not yet certified
Non-essential Job Functions
- May provide tutoring to pharmacy technician students in preparation for certification exams
- Interviews for potential new students
- Help with preparations for accreditation visits
- Pharmacists or PTCB Certified Pharmacy Technician
- At least 5 years experience as a pharmacy technician, preferably in both retail and hospital settings.
- Strong knowledge base of pharmacy operations, laws, and aseptic technique.
- Flexible hours, applicant will be required to work some nights and weekends.
- Reliable transportation.
- College degree or equivalent preferred.
- Membership in a Pharmacy related professional organization/association.
- Demonstrated building professional relationships and working collaboratively with internal and external constituents and outside agencies.
- Ability to work effectively both autonomously and as a member of a collaborative team.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate work tasks and/or projects.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Familiar with ASHP Accreditation.
- Teaching experience preferred.
For more information or to apply, please go to https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=4551371
Posting Date: April 1, 2013