InterNational Center for Advanced Pharmacy Services (INCAPS)
INCAPS is a licensed pharmacy and ambulatory care clinic at Sullivan University College of Health Sciences. INCAPS serves students, employees and the general public by providing various health and wellness services and promoting safe and effective medication use. INCAPS collaborates with Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs), Pharmacy Benefits Managers (PBMs), private businesses and other health care providers to optimize medication therapy and improve health outcomes. INCAPS delivers 3 major areas of health services: Immunizations, Medication Therapy Management (MTM), and Wellness Programs.
The Mission of INCAPS is to:
- Promote safe and effective medication use through patient education.
- Promote good health and wellness in the community through smoking cessation, chronic disease management and general wellness programs.
- Collaborate with health care providers to maximize the quality of individualized, patient-centered, evidence-based medication therapy.
- Collaborate with Health Maintenance Organizations, Pharmacy Benefits Managers, and Employers to deliver safe and cost-effective services to improve health.
- Provide an interactive learning experience to train and educate pharmacy students and residents on the principles of delivering pharmaceutical care and medication therapy management services.
The Vision of INCAPS is to:
- Be a national and international leader on the promotion of advanced pharmacy services (These include, but not limited to: Medication Therapy Management (MTM), immunizations, smoking cessation, tuberculosis testing, chronic disease management and patient advocacy).
- Utilize the evidence-based outcomes of our services to advocate for the recognition of pharmacists as health care providers in the Commonwealth of Kentucky and nationally.
Sullivan University College of Health Sciences
Sullivan University West Campus
2100 Gardiner Lane
Louisville, Kentucky 40205
Phone: (502) 413-8991
Fax: (502) 413-8990
Located on the first floor of the Nolan Building on Sullivan University Louisville's West Campus.
BC Childress, Pharm.D., BCACP, FASCP
Director of the InterNational Center for Advanced Pharmacy Services