Sullivan University Physician Assistant Program
Sullivan University Physician Assistant Program’s mission is to educate medical professionals to provide ethical, high quality, and compassionate healthcare as part of an inter-professional team. Students will prepare for a professional role as clinicians with an emphasis on care in the primary care setting and underserved areas. The students will focus on preventive health care services as well as acute and chronic disease management in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
Consistent with the goals of Sullivan University, the PA Program is dedicated to providing cutting-edge educational enrichment opportunities for the intellectual, social and professional development of its students. The program offers career-focused curriculum to promote the development of critical thinking, effective verbal and written communication, computer literacy and teamwork, as well as an appreciation for lifelong learning, cultural diversity and professionalism. The PA Program will pursue its mission and goals while embracing the core values of Teamwork, Compassion, Excellence, Professionalism, Integrity and Accountability.
The Sullivan PA Program is a graduate program of 24 months with plans to graduate the first class in June 2016. Graduates will receive a Master of Science in Physician Assistant. The Goals of the Sullivan University PA Program are to:
- Establish a sound Physician Assistant Program based on rigorous assessment and compliance with accreditation standards established for achieving excellence
- Provide a technologically-proficient teaching and learning environment
- Continuously improve and enhance the educational experience of our students
- Recruit, retain, and develop dedicated faculty and clinical faculty
- Provide a rich and diversified culture for students’ optimal learning experiences
- Provide a competency-driven, practice-based training experience for students
- Serve the Community as part of the Mission of the Physician Assistant Program and training of the students
- Contribute to the provision of high quality, compassionate healthcare to meet the growing demand for primary care services, particularly to underserved populations
- Support the advancement of Physician Assistant education and practice in the Commonwealth and the nation